Potato Leek Soup
This is an easy and delicious soup that'll stick to your ribs and warm you up nicely... it's also rather budget friendly.
- cutting board
- carrot peeler
- largeish pot
- immersion blender/stick blender/ something that purees stuff
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, green bits discarded, washed and roughly chopped
- 6 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 an onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- thyme or whatever fresh herbs you've got, I have lemon thyme because it grows in my living room
- 1 L water
- chicken stock powder, enough to make 1L of stock
- s+p to taste
- Pre-heat your pot, add the bacon + brown slowly.
- Stir in the garlic, leeks + onions, stir + cook until they're translucent
- Deglaze your pan with water (or stock), stir in potatoes and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the stems of any fresh herbs (if applicable) and puree your soup.
- Season to taste with s+p, serve.