Two photos of pretty much the same view on two different days. One with an air quality index in the mid 200's, one with an aqi less than 50. Can you spot the tower in the second photo?
So this post is a little more serious than usual... The NWT is having one of its worst fire seasons ever. As of July 13, 2014 there have been a total of 173 forest fires up here, only 30 of which have been extinguished. This has effected a total of 842,311.33 square hectares, or roughly 8423.1 square kilometres. That's an area slightly smaller than Puerto Rico, or roughly 0.7% of the total area of the Northwest Territories (total land area 1,143,793.47 square kilometres) but it's still an area large enough to be considered catastrophic.
So her name is officially Sigyn (pronounced see-gin, like begin with a see instead of a be). If you look into the name's origins it's a pretty cool name with lots of history.
So on Friday, she had her first bath. She smelled pretty bad so it was time... out came the baby shampoo and the tub was ready for the little stinker. She actually didn't mind the bath itself too much, at times she was playing with the water.
Certainly didn't stop her from looking up at R like she needed rescuing...
So, it's been quite a while. Months even. First off, let's give the 5 second run down of what's happened since February.
- worked in records, really enjoyed that but that's finished now
- went on vacation... one hell of a road trip down to Edmonton and back with R and C this past Easter
- saw the ice castle on Great Slave Lake
- lived through the unending daylight... and I thought unending darkness was hard to adjust to
- went on vacation... back to Toronto! Saw my family and got a kick ass sunburn at the cottage
- adopted the cutest kitten EVER